In the case of surrogacy, you need to choose the right surrogate if you are going to use sperm and egg from a third party. However, many agencies are available that provide surrogates as per your requirement. But, you should also know several things about surrogates like criminal background, medical condition, marital status, health insurance, etc. It is so important to know more about your surrogate for healthy childbirth. Here are 6 important questions that you should ask a potential surrogate:
1) Can you introduce your partner/husband?
While choosing a potential surrogate, you should meet her husband/partner if she is married. In this condition, you can know more things about the husband of the surrogate. In this way,
- You can also determine the nature and kindness of a husband
- You can also examine whether the husband is supportive or not
- If the husband is not supportive, he can create complications during the surrogate’s pregnancy
- Otherwise, you can choose that potential surrogate as per need
2) How did you become a surrogate?
It is the first important question to ask a potential surrogate. Remember that a surrogate will carry your child and you should know her deeply. By hearing the story of the surrogate’s life, you can know more details about her. It will help you:
- To identify the character of the surrogate
- To check the reliability and expectation of a surrogate mother
- Find out the best potential surrogate to carry your child for nine months
- To check how a surrogate will love your child during pregnancy
3) Are you ready?
Before moving ahead for surrogacy in Bangalore, you should prepare a daily routine for her. You should ask the surrogate by providing a pseudo plan like:
- Which supplement is better for her?
- Some medical treatments and protocols to follow or not.
- Necessary food items to eat on a daily basis.
- Some foods to avoid from daily routine.
- Schedule appointments with doctors at clinics, etc.
4) Could you provide your working or childcare schedule?
As usual, if the surrogate is married and has children, you must know her working schedule. In such a situation, you may have to pay additional charges for childcare into your contract. However, the test tube baby cost is different from one person to another. Besides the charges of treatment, you may also pay extra charges for the surrogate and her schedule like:
- Prospective bed rest
- Period of labour/delivery
- Further medications
- Additional tests
- Quick post-partum, etc
5) Are you ready to breastfeed?
Undoubtedly, breast milk is one of the best and important foods for the baby. It is essential to know the willingness of surrogates for breastfeeding after giving birth. In this context, you should remember some essential points:
- Try to satisfy a surrogate for feeding milk to your baby for some months
- However, you have to pay the compensation for feeding milk to the surrogate
- You can also decide the period on which the surrogate will continue breastfeeding
- In such circumstances, you have to pay the amount every day until the completion of the breastfeeding process
6) How can you experience before, during, and after the labour/pregnancy?
If you find something different, discuss your own experience. It will help the surrogate to understand the duration of pregnancy. In case of any doubts, you should provide proper clarifications to the surrogate.
These 6 questions are best and important that you should ask a potential surrogate. Remember, the surrogate is going to carry your baby for nine months and you have to be more comfortable with her. So, make her comfortable with you and bring a baby via surrogacy.