Usually, IVF (in vitro fertilization) is a successful treatment to conceive a baby. If any couple is unable to conceive a pregnancy after trying a year or more, they must choose IVF. This is a reliable, trustworthy, and effective technique to get pregnant. In other words, IVF is a kind of fertility treatment that helps infertile couples increase their fertility.
Most of the time, the success rate of IVF depends upon some specific factors. With exact timing and accuracy, this assisted reproductive technique is popular in the world. According to the study, IVF is one of the most successful infertility treatments compared to others. But, here are the top 5 factors that affect the success rate of IVF.
1) Age-related issue
In reality, age plays an important role in getting pregnant with IVF for both men and women. As per the study, the right age for successful IVF is between 24 to 34 years. Between these ages, there are higher chances of getting pregnant in women. Otherwise:
- Between 35 to 40 years, there are fewer chances of successful IVF.
- After the age of 40, it is so difficult for women to conceive a baby. At this point, the quantity and quality of eggs decrease in women.
- Doctors will perform further tests to examine the success rate of IVF.
2) Quality of Egg & Sperm
To get pregnant, it is important to have a good quality of egg and sperm. The quantity and quality of the egg (embryo) should be best. Ovarian reserve, age, and stimulation are the factors that affect the quality of eggs. In this way, it affects fertility in females. Moreover, the sperm and egg should be in the proper quantity to conceive a baby through IVF. Otherwise, couples have to use the donor’s sperm or egg for pregnancy.
3) History of Last Pregnancy
If the last pregnancy was successful, there are higher chances of positive pregnancy again with IVF. Otherwise, couples may have to experience several fertility-related issues during IVF treatment. However, IVF is the best way to treat different types of infertility problems. In such a situation, you may have to undergo more than one or two or three IVF cycles. Here are some fertility issues that may be noticed in women:
- Uterine Abnormalities: - These are the kind of abnormalities related to the uterus. If the size of the uterus is enlarged (due to swelling), it is known as uterine abnormalities.
- Ovarian Dysfunction: - These are the disorders related to the ovaries of women. During this condition, women have to experience several health disorders.
- Fibroids: - These fibroids are known as scar tissues. Usually, the scar tissues start to develop on or outside the uterus. However, these fibroids are non-cancerous.
4) Daily Lifestyle
If you want a successful IVF treatment, you should have a healthy lifestyle. In reality, lifestyle is one of the most important reasons behind successful IVF. According to the experts, the patient should avoid bad habits to get pregnant easily. Here are some things that you should adopt in your routine:
- First of all, you should avoid smoking, alcohol, and certain drugs.
- Make sure to maintain a healthy weight.
- Be clear on your eating habits (use a healthy diet).
- For more information, search “IVF centre near me”.
5. Transfer of the embryo
During IVF treatment, embryo transfer is an important procedure in women. Any fault during this procedure may decrease the success rate of IVF. Hence, it is important to have a successful transfer of an embryo to get pregnant easily.
If you have any queries, you can directly visit the nearby IVF centre. The fertility specialist will guide you properly as per your health conditions.