In many cases, males don’t like to visit a doctor. They like to avoid physicians/doctors for any causes like cold, sickness, normal fever, etc (except any serious problem). Similarly, some men also hesitate to visit the doctor in case of infertility. However, women do not hesitate to visit fertility doctors (as per the study). Most men avoid seeking a doctor because they exactly don’t know about the procedure. But, you can expect several things at a male fertility evaluation like:
If you are going to visit a male’s fertility doctor, it is important to choose an urologist. Usually, urologists are the experts/specialists in the diagnosis and treatment of infertility. Firstly, your physician/doctor will go through preliminary examination like:
- He will perform a physical examination
- Your doctor might ask about the surgeries. If you have or had any surgery, tell your doctor immediately
- In case of any medical treatment, you should tell the doctor/physician
- A fertility doctor can also ask about your sexual history, daily lifestyle (using alcohol, drugs and smoking), STD’s problems, etc.
- All these tests or examinations are performed by a doctor at a male fertility clinic
During the procedure, the fertility doctor may ask you to provide your semen sample. It is so important to detect the actual reason behind infertility. The semen sample will be examined by a skilled specialist. The expert will measure the shape, movement, quality and quantity of semen and:
- If you have high levels of uncommon/abnormal sperm, it shows higher fertility. In other words, you are completely free from any infertility causes
- In case of the low amount or poor quality of sperm in the semen, it shows low fertility. But, it does not mean that you are infertile
- In the above situation, your fertility doctor can perform another examination of semen
- It will help you to find out the final results
Apart from the above examination, your doctor may also advise additional tests. Usually, additional tests are important to offer infertility treatment. As per the study, your fertility doctor may also perform additional tests like:
- Additional blood tests are also required to see the exact problem inside the bod
- However, a fertility doctor can also go through ultrasound (many times). An ultrasound is essential to check the internal problem in testicles
- Some hormonal tests may also be performed by your fertility doctor. It helps the doctor to find out the fertility issues, genetic issues and other hormonal problems
- For males, you can visit the male infertility clinic. However, women can choose the best gynaecologist hospital in Bangalore
Several tests may be performed by a specialist. So, you have to prepare yourself for an extra examination. Additionally, an urologist performs every test carefully and mindfully. Some extra examination includes:
- Sperm blockage - In some cases, your fertility doctor can also determine the blockage of sperm in the body. The blockage is also an important thing to know before performing the treatment.
- Deferens identification - If there is missing any vas deferens, your doctor can perform an extra test to check these problems.
- Unexplained infertility - If there is another health issue or unexplained infertility, the doctor will perform a further test to examine the exact problem.
Infertility is a common issue but it can impact negatively on a couple’s life. It is essential to discuss your infertility problems with the doctor. Without discussion, you can’t get any solution. However, you should not hesitate to visit a fertility doctor. If you have any infertility issues or want to be concerned about your problem, contact an urologist immediately. Urologists will guide you properly and provide the right treatment for infertility in male.