Your Baby –
- Started breathing in amniotic fluid through the respiratory tract and nose and practiced some real things with the lungs.
- Started sensing pressure and light from outside the womb.
- May have some weird symptoms of pregnancy. Many women start early in the next trimester.
- Sinus congestion, stuffy nose or runny nose are the common symptoms. It is known as rhinitis of pregnancy. Get some vaporizer or humidifier, try saline nasal drops or inhale steam. Ask your doctor if you are going to take any medicated nasal spray.
- Another side effect is bleeding gums, especially because of extra blood through the system.
- Skin pigmentation is the darkish line that runs through the center of the belly and also shows up later. Freckles, moles and birthmarks can darken and/or spread.
Your uterus keeps on growing. It may cause a stretch of ligaments in your belly and you may experience some pain. Some parents try hard to know the gender of the baby by 15th week. The guess doesn’t happen until 16th week. You need to wait a few weeks more as genital organs can easily be spotted and the fetus grows larger. The baby may be sucking the fingers or thumb. The hair is silky soft and fine and will keep on growing until you reach 26th week.