The Baby –
- Is almost the size of cocktail olive or a grape
- Has eyelids, ears, toes and fingers
- External parts related to boy or girl are present but won’t be actually visible for the next few weeks.
- Body temperature may be a bit increased if you are constantly feeling too cold or too hot, with additional blood pumping off the system
- Got your uterus the size of tossing grapefruit
You may have put on some pregnancy weight already or lost some. Here’s how you may have gained weight over the next seven months, or as per your average pregnancy website or book –
- 12 pounds – Due to maternal protein or fat stores
- 4 pounds – Increased water weight or fluid volume
- 2 pounds – Uterus
- 2 pounds – Due to Amniotic fluid
- 1.5 pounds – Placenta
- 7.5 pounds – Finally due to baby
On average, you might gain around 31 pounds in total according to your pregnancy book. But in reality, weight gain varies from woman to woman in pregnancy, just like usual metabolisms and weights vary. Some women just balloon up, no matter how controlled and balanced their diets are. Some women just eat and repeat but still don’t gain more than 30 pounds. It’s also about genes, your metabolism and pre-pregnancy level.