The Baby –
- Is around 5.5 to 6 inches long and weighs up to 7 ounces
- Your baby will weigh up to 15 times of its existing weight by its birth and the portion of rapid fire growth is over.
- Baby just needs some lengthening out and fattening up
Your Body –
- You may feel the kicks of your baby from the outside of the belly.
- Mood swings – You may be worried, scared, raged, impatient or joyful or have mixed reactions in a few minutes. It’s normal.
- Movements are normal and you know whether it’s a girl or boy.
Thin hair “lanugo” started growing on the skin of your baby from week 15 or 16. The development of vernix caseosa starts in week 19. It is a white and thin covering which secures the skin from the liquid of amniotic sac.
If you have multiples, you are around halfway in the pregnancy. Usually, multiple pregnancies last up to 38 weeks or earlier. Your belly keeps expanding and skin may be itching from time to time along with painful ligament. Skin stretches and causes irritation. Stretch marks may start developing in this regard. You cannot avoid stretch marks but you can avoid itchiness and dryness by applying lotion.