The Baby –
- Now officially became a fetus by the end of the week.
- Is around an inch long and around 3/4th of another inch. It’s almost 2 inches.
- Has strong enough heartbeat that you can hear through a Doppler
- A lot of congenital conditions come out before the end of 10th week. Hence, a lot of critical and delicate periods of development are over.
- Might be just feeling a little bit better. Usually morning sickness peaks around the 9th week.
- Bingo! You finally made it to dual digits. You are now heading to second trimester
Your belly is round and big and high enough in front. At this point, it’s almost baby-related bloat from crown to rump. Your belly may be popped out and basically hung out until the baby turns big enough to get space.
You have unusual cravings right now. On the other side, your weight gain must be a bit noticeable. You will gain up to 25 pounds. If you have twins, the number could be higher. The key here is to stick to a healthy diet and eat frequently to gain weight slowly and steadily.