The Baby –
- Around 20 weeks ago, your baby was almost the size of a gummy bear, remember? Now that gummy bear is 15-inch long and weighs around 2 pounds.
- Eyelids have been fused since week 11 or 12. They are now able to open and close.
Your Body –
- You’ve finally made it to the third trimester. You might panic or celebrate as per your own mood.
- May experience more of that ligament pain as the belly gets bigger, harder and rounder. It starts dripping down a bit and might be looking less cute and perky.
- The movements and kicks might be a bit less painful as per her position.
It is another big landmark as it’s the first week of the third trimester. Your baby is growing quickly and has a lot of space in the womb to grow even more. Your baby might be 1 1/3 ft. long from tip to toe. The brain is also developing quickly and lungs keep on preparing to breathe in more air. Retinas start to develop and eyelids open.
The uterus grows and brings first painful pregnancy symptoms like morning sickness as lungs have not much room to expand. It can also lead to shortness of breath.