The Baby –
- Weighs around 2 pounds.
- Your baby might start hiccupping and you might be feeling rhythmic, smaller movements. They get hiccups by the late first trimester but a lot of women experience it by the second trimester.
- All of her five senses have been developed well
- The early bubbly kicks now become a rabid mongoose flipping
- It’s the final week of the second trimester and it marks the beginning of the 3rd trimester. It also marks the end of those honeymoon phases of pregnancy. The last three weeks are going to be very uncomfortable. Swollen ankles, join and back pain, contractions and restless nights will be the new normal.
- You will gain up to ½ inch in belly size every week.
The fetus keeps growing constantly and weighs around 2 pounds and measures up to 9 inches by week 26. The air sacs start developing in the lungs and surfactant will be secreted for lining the air sacs. The brain also works hard as the senses of vision and hearing develop this week. For women expecting multiples, Braxton Hicks contractions start with worries of premature labor. In case of multiples, early labor happens a lot.