The Baby –
- S/he is around 11 inches long
- Weighs around 1 pound.
- Getting more facial features and looks almost like herself/himself on 3D ultrasound
Your Body –
- You have gained around a pound now.
- You might be very hungry at odd times, i.e. after dinner, middle of the afternoon, or even in the midnight. You may go with calcium-rich yogurts and milkshakes or protein-heavy snacks.
- Going well with the mix of emotions and moods. Blissfully belly-rubbing and happy one minute, worried and wracked with anxiety the next minute. Sometimes, you might be hoping her/him to look like their dad.
Your baby’s brain is growing every day. S/he starts developing a sense of taste, smell, hearing, sight and touch. Now, your baby can swallow, suck and hear. Your baby might be hearing breathing, heartbeats and digestion. Babies are supposed to be cozier lying on mom’s lap instead of dad’s belly after birth for a while.
This is the time when an interesting thing happens. In the beginning, mom-to-be feels better about her skin, body and sexuality. She leaves her morning sickness far behind and starts developing self-confidence when a baby bump shows up.